The Undergraduate Biology Graduation Recognition Ceremony
will take place on Saturday, May 14th, 2022 from 1:30 - 3:00PM in Crafton-Preyer Theatre, Murphy Hall.
Livestream the Undergraduate Biology Recognition Ceremony
Dear Graduating Seniors,
Congratulations on your graduation from the University of Kansas. We are so excited and proud of you for all that you have accomplished. The university plans to hold the KU Commencement in-person, and you can find more information about commencement in the link below.
2022 Graduation Recognition Information
This ceremony will honor students planning to graduate in spring, summer, or fall 2022, as well as those who graduated in summer or fall 2021
- Try to arrive around 1:10 pm.
- You will check in by the entrance to the Crafton-Preyer Theatre and pick up a card with your name (phonetic spelling, if appropriate), your major(s) and minor(s), and any plans you’d included on your RSVP form.
- Be sure to keep that card, since you will hand it to the person reading names during the ceremony, before you walk across the stage and shake hands with biology faculty.
You will sit in the middle section of the first level of the theater. Your guests are free to sit anywhere else in the theater that is not otherwise reserved.
The ceremony typically lasts 1.5 hours. We will have opening remarks, recognition of the “Favorite Professor,” recognition of biology departmental honors candidates, recognition of graduates, and closing remarks.
You will have your portrait taken by KU’s official Commencement photographers, GradImages, before your name, degree(s), and post-graduation plans are read and you walk across the stage, shaking hands with biology faculty.
- Tickets are required for each guest including children.
- There is a limit of 2 guests per graduate. If you’d like more than 2 guests to attend, indicate your preferred number of tickets on the RSVP form, and we’ll respond on whether extra seats are available.
Parking is complimentary on Commencement weekend. There are surface parking lots across from the theater (see campus map showing Murphy Hall), and Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage is close to the theater. Several accessible parking spots are located directly in front of the theater.
If you or someone in your party were in need of an accommodation due to a disability, we had asked that you submit your request on or before Tuesday, April 25 to Lindsey Deaver, Assoc. Director firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 785-864-7388).
However, late accommodations still might be able to be arranged. Murphy Hall and Crafton-Preyer Theatre are accessible. Ushers will be present upon check-in to assist guests with disabilities to find seating.
Graduation event-specific and university-wide information is available at http://commencement.ku.edu/
Students must apply to graduate on-line by signing into the Enroll & Pay system.
The deadline for submitting the Application for Degree (AFD) is as follows; students are urged to submit their AFD during the semester before they plan to graduate:
- Spring – March 1 (to guarantee inclusion in the official Commencement program, students should turn in AFD by March 1)
- Summer – July 15
- Fall – November 1
If you do not have a job, or plans to attend graduate school, and are not sure what careers you can pursue with a biology degree, please make an appointment with a career coach in the University Career Center by calling 785-864-3624. Career coaches are available to meet with you up to 6 months after your graduation.